.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Baby Huston #2

Can you imagine the shock when I went and bought a pregnancy test and saw this?!... 


 Lets just say I had to take about six different pregnancy tests to really believe it! On Thursday October 3rd I got Camden and I ready and we headed to the grocery store. I had been contemplating buying a pregnancy test all morning. Nothing sucks more than buying those dang things and getting a negative. Plus, did I really expect to be pregnant?! After having a miscarriage, dealing with infertility to get Camden here, and resorting to infertility treatments, I didn't think it was possible for us to conceive on our own again, but like always there is that little glim of hope. 

John and I really were ready to have another baby whenever the lord saw fit for us. We didn't prevent...I mean why would we?! Camden didn't come on his own and the thought of me preventing it seemed silly. Why would I when it could take so long? Why would I when there was a big chance we would need to go in for infertility treatments again? I had told John that I would like to go back up to Sandy Reproductive Care Center after the new year to see what we needed to start doing. I have always said I would have my kids close if I could, but never thought that would actually be the reality. I never that I would have that choice. 

Before I took my test on October 3rd, I laid Camden down in his crib for a nap. I went into the bathroom and holy moly I was blown away. I honestly thought I was going to get a negative. Probably because I can't tell you how many times I have seen a negative on a pregnancy test...It kinda becomes the norm. After it "kind of" started to settle in, I peeked in at Camden and started to cry. I said a prayer. A prayer that everything will be okay and work out for us. I, of course always have that scared feeling of a miscarriage, but there is absolutely nothing i can do about that at this point, but take care of my body and have faith and hope that everything will go as the Lord has planned. 

I knew when I told John that he wouldn't believe me. How could he? We were successful getting pregnant once before and that ended in a tragic event. When we got pregnant with Camden it was in the doctors office. We always crack jokes that the doctors make our babies, so to be successful conceiving on our own is a little hard to believe and scary all at the same time. John came home from work and Camden and I handed him a bag of goodies...Reese's Mini's, Sugar Babies, Sour Patch Kids, Mini Cokes, Baby Goldfish, Baby Ruth's, and some Gummy Krabby Patties (because I'm sure I'll be crabby). In the bottom of the bag was a pregnancy test, or two, or three :) John didn't know what to say. In fact if I remember his exact words it was... "what?! you should go get a blood pregnancy test!" It took a little time to settle in, for the both of us. 

 

I did think about going to get a blood pregnancy test on Friday, but decided against in when the line on MORE pregnancy tests was darker and darker. I think we finally both believe I am pregnant and that we will be welcoming Baby Huston #2 into our family June 2014. I can't think of a better "unplanned" time to have a baby. I say "unplanned" because when you have dealt with infertility you don't get to choose when you want to have kids. Camden and baby #2 will be 19 months apart, and yes life with be crazy, but we couldn't feel more blessed. I literally cry every time I think about it. I never imagined it would happen on it's own.

My first appointment is on October 30th. I will be 8 weeks. I feels forever away, but I am going to try and be patient and calm.The last time I was pregnant I got to see Camden's little heart beat at 6 weeks, so...wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Oh my goodness congratulations!! I am so excited for you and to follow along with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so elated for you...I love you sooo much!! Can't wait for baby #2

    ReplyDelete